Monday, April 12, 2010

Life Lesson

Happy Monday to each and every one of you! Sometimes I sit and wonder, “Where does the time go?” I mean it’s already the middle of April in the year 2010! Wow, is it just me or does time seem to fly by faster and faster every year?

Today I would like to take a few moments to reflect on my acts of disobedience. I have to be transparent and admit that I made bad choices and decisions over the weekend and had to suffer the consequences thereof. Okay, so it all started when I woke up in excruciating pain at 5 am on Friday morning. I’m talking serious pain. Labor was a breeze compared to this! At first I couldn’t figure out if it was my bladder, my kidneys or a back issue. After consulting with my chiropractor and remembering a back spasm that occurred the previous night, I realized that it was definitely a back issue. I received sound medical counsel and started to immediately do as I was told to ease and eventually end the pain.

Of course, being the go-getter that I am, I didn’t want this “set back” to interfere with my weekend plans. Everyone told me to take it easy for the rest of the weekend and to cancel all plans. Well, after much deliberation, I decided to reluctantly cancel my plans and stay in bed. Then midway through Saturday I thought to myself, “Self, you feel fine, no need to lie around all day, you should get out and enjoy the sun.” Yeah, I know, pretty dumb move. So I packed up the babies and headed out to visit a few family members. I figured that since I would be sitting down during the visits, it would be okay. There I go, trying to rationalize my faulty decision making-process.

As you could have guessed, two hours into the “outing” the pain started to creep back up and before I knew it I was limping all over again! Needless, to say, I took it easy for the remainder of the weekend. This situation just goes to show how important wise counsel and obedience really are. However, in most instances of disobedience you will learn obedience through your suffering, as Jesus did. “Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered.” (Hebrews 5:8).

My mother and grandmother always said, “A hard head makes a soft behind!” Hopefully, next time I consider the suffering and choose to actually listen to the wise counsel that I seek. Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: