Sunday, October 9, 2011

The After Labor Aftermath

Ok, so most of my long-time readers have heard me talk about the “things they never warned us about before having kids” subject. So here we go again… Now I know that after giving birth our bodies go through a major adjustment period, especially for those of us that decided to breastfeed. Well, here I am several months out from giving birth and why do my feet feel like they belong to a 60 year old!?!

First off, let me back up for a minute. Most of you don’t know this, but my feet have been way too big for most of my life. Since my teen years I have sported a lovely size 10 shoe, yes, you heard me correctly, a size 10! So a few weeks ago I had been wondering why my shoes were fitting way more snug than normal and one of my friends suggested that my feet may have grown during my last pregnancy (which is actually pretty common). Of course that’s the last thing that someone who already wears a size 10 wants to hear. At first I thought to myself, “no way, can’t be…,” then after much contemplation I decided to go to the shoe store to get my feet measured and guess who is coming it at an “almost” 10 and a HALF!

As if that wasn’t’ enough I still have been left to wonder why my feet and ankles have been enduring so much pain lately. Well, I did a little research and realized that it may be a major calcium deficiency due to the fact that I am loosing lots of calcium while breastfeeding. Who knew? I mean it makes completely perfect sense, but nobody warned me that this could happen. I have since taken the necessary precautions to beef up my calcium intake.

It really is amazing just how much having a kid can change you. It could be mentally, emotionally, physically, spiritually or all of the above. Although one thing is for sure, I wouldn’t trade in my bigger feet or aching ankles and feet for the gift of my little ones. God has given us children as a gift and reward. Psalm 127:3 reads, “Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him.” So let’s never take our gifts for granted. Here's to bigger shoes and lots of mommy love!

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (http://www.savedmom.com/), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to contactsavedmom@gmail.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M

No comments: