Monday, February 8, 2010

The Winning Team

Good morning to all! What a blessing to wake up and see another Monday in the life of. I’m sure that most of you know that the New Orleans Saints won the Super Bowl on last night. To be quite honest, I’m not much of a sports fan. Although, considering that my husband was practically glued to the television last night, I do know what teams played and who won.

On yesterday my Pastor was talking about “Being a part of the winning team.” In wake of the adversity that the New Orleans Saints have faced over the last few years, it surprised many that they even made it to the Super Bowl. So many people had counted them out based on their past and had little faith that they would actually win.

I sat back and correlated this situation with the saints of the Lord. Many of us can look back on our past in disbelief that God completely turned our lives around. Many of you were counted out and told that you would never amount to anything. Many of you know my testimony. My life is a testament of God’s true grace and saving power. As a teen I used drugs, fornicated, cursed in every other breath, experienced a homosexual lifestyle and attempted to commit suicide! Seriously guys, I was on my way to hell on a red horse and didn’t even care. I told my mother at one point that if I died and went to hell that was just my fate!

Well, thank God for salvation. Just like the saints, my future didn’t look too great. Fortunately, I walked into my winning season and life has never been the same! I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior and he renewed my mind. The word says, “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.” (Romans 12:2). I am so grateful that I now walk in Gods will. By no means am I perfect, but I am a far cry from that teenager headed to hell on roller-skates!

I want you to know that no matter what you have done in this life; salvation is available to set you free. If you are not saved make a declaration today and ask God to forgive you for your sins and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. For those of you that are saved, but haven’t been living a submitted life, make a decision to recommit your life to God and TRULY live for Him. Your life will never be the same. As parents we must realize that our salvation and submission can protect and cover our children from so much. If not you, who? If not now, when?

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: