Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Mother's Wisdom

So, I guess I am really on this giving my mom props kick lately. Yes, I know that statement may depict a bit about my background, but hey, I have to stay real to who I am. I was sitting here just a moment ago thinking about all of the wisdom that my mother has been blessed with.

Most of you may not know this, but in addition to being a wife, a mom and running this ministry, I also own two small businesses. Well, on yesterday I had an “issue” to arise with one of my clients and I felt absolutely horrible about a situation that had gone awry. I don’t really want to get into specifics, but let’s say it wasn’t a good look. I have worked for myself in some manner or another for about ten years now and I have always prided myself on offering nothing but the best for my clients.

The situation that occurred on yesterday wasn’t necessarily anyone’s fault, although what happened should not have. When it was brought to my attention, around 7 pm last night, I was totally taken aback. I couldn’t stop thinking about how to make up for what went wrong.
Of course I talked to hubby about it and he offered up some good advice. Although, it wasn’t until I talked to mommie about it that the cloud seemed to dissipate. It’s like that almost every time I share a “mini crisis” with my mom. She always offers such wonderful advice filled with wisdom that I don’t know that I will ever possess.

At the end of my conversation with her I got all teary eyed and said, “What am I going to do when you aren’t here anymore?” Then she said, “By the time I’m gone you will have gained all the wisdom I have and more.” I could’ve cried a river at that moment. Mommie, you are the best!

This is one of the many reasons that it is so important that we cultivate good and OPEN relationships with our children very early on. I have always been able to talk to my mother about ANYTHING. If we aren’t in our kids business and offering them up good and Godly counsel, who will? Although, we must teach them to first seek the counsel of the Lord. “But Jehoshaphat also said to the king of Israel, "First seek the counsel of the LORD.” (2 Chronicles 18:4)

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: