Friday, July 2, 2010

Frugal Mommie Friday’s

First off I want to take a few moments to say thanks to all of you who have left comments or sent emails regarding the “changes” in my blog style/format. It’s so refreshing to know that you all are enjoying what you’re reading. Please keep all comments coming, weather it be constructive criticism or positive feedback. There is a “Comments” link below each post on the blog site (www.savedmom.com).

So we are switching up our Friday mix and sharing ways for mommies to save money. I’m sure we all could use a little money saving advice from time to time. Well, I am currently in the market for a deep freezer and a new computer and I am hoping to find a good deal this Fourth of July weekend. As most of you know I am taking it back to the olden days by getting seasonal fruits and veggies from the local farmers markets and my garden then freezing them for consumption during the winter months. Therefore, it’s definitely time for a back up freezer for food storage. I also recently found out that I have to get a new computer ASAP. So that means it is time to bite the bullet and make two major purchases over the next few weeks.

I am all about saving money and finding a good deal so the first place I looked was Craigslist (www.craigslist.com). For those of you that have not yet ventured into the world of Craigslist, get ready! You can find people in your local area selling just about anything that you can imagine, yes, anything! Please be forewarned that there are certain precautions that you need to take when purchasing goods from these random people. It’s always a good rule of thumb to meet during the day in a public place or a police station parking lot to make the exchange. Safety first! Craigslist is also a good place to get rid of items that you no longer have any use for (in decent condition, of course).

I started thinking about it and I realized that buying these items second hand may not be such a good idea. Yeah, I will save money today, but what will the quality or life expectancy of these used items be? When making appliance/electronic purchases on items that need to last for a while, Craigslist might not be the best route. So, now I’ve been looking online in the 4th of July ads.

Shopping during holiday sales is a sure way to save money. After you find a good price that you feel somewhat comfortable with, take it a step further and see if you can find a coupon for that particular store. Online coupons are the best. Just go to a search engine like Google or Yahoo and type in what you are looking for. For example you could simply type “Sears Coupons” into the search engine and watch what happens. You’ll be surprised at all of the coupons that are readily available online.

At this point I am knee deep in my freezer/computer search. I will be sure to let you all know how it turns out. Just remember to always plan ahead when it comes to spending your money. “The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.” (Proverbs 21:5).

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: