Friday, November 2, 2012

What Is Your Child’s “Ness”

A few days ago during a conversation with a complete stranger, I was asked this question, “What is your ness?”  I paused for a moment because I didn’t really understand the nature of the question. After my pause, the woman went on to explain that a person’s “ness” is the thing that makes them unique. In other words she was asking me to describe my uniqueness.  I thought that was a wonderful way of asking this question. Each one of us has something that makes us unique, otherwise known as our “ness”.

As I pondered on the question, I started to think about my children. As parents, we quickly realize that thing which makes our child unique. Sometimes their “ness” may be something that we don’t necessarily care for, but we should try to figure out how to nurture it in a way that will help them live out their God-given purpose while simultaneously blessing others through their gifts and talents.

For example, my son has a very strong sense of determination and willpower. There are many times as a parent when his sense of determination causes frustration on my part, especially when I am trying to get him to do something that he doesn’t want to do. Although, I have come to the realization that this same spirit of determination could one day lead him to start his own company, become a great spiritual leader and/or do many other great things. His strong will power will keep him from allowing road blocks to deter him from his goals and aspirations.

I know that the task of parenting is not always easy, but with help from the Lord, all things are possible. Simply pray for the best way to guide your child’s “ness” so that s/he can become a great individual while operating at their full God-given potential. I would love for you to comment below this post at www.savedmom.com and share you and/or your child’s “ness”.

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love it!!! I feel the exact same way moreover if you see your child strenghts you should let him embrace his God given talent and thier ness! We want them to be secure and comfortable in their skin when it relates to school, friends, and relationships. God gave us all our own uniqueness for us to share and to love ourselves. My son is a busy bee who is full of energy so im going to channel that into something positive! We need more parents to embrace their children`s ness because it will create happier kids who have a sense of themselves.

MML Tanesha Woods

S. Press said...

I love your comment! Your son is blessed to have a mom as awesome as you are :-)