Friday, October 23, 2009

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at Savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature Saved M.O.M.’s near and far. There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am proud to say that this week’s Feature Friday is dedicated to Tierra Destiny Reid. She currently resides in Stone Mountain, GA. Tierra is a vibrant, beautiful and talented military wife, mother of two and entrepreneur fashionista.

Tierra gave her life to the Lord at a very early age. She recalled, “As a young girl I was raised loving the Lord! My mother was a single parent for a long time and she couldn’t drive for a while and I remember riding the bus to make it to church!” Tierra recommitted her life to the Lord after graduating from the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!!!). Her relationship with God has grown stronger throughout the years. She explained, “God and I have a very strong relationship and I am grateful for the ability to hear Him so clearly whenever I need His guidance.”

When I asked Tierra what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her she said, “It means incorporating God in everything that I do! It also means making sacrifices today that my children will not have to make tomorrow.” The scriptures that she stands on time and time again are Philippians 4:13 and Psalms 27:14. She said, “[These scriptures] have proven to be true over and over again in my life.”

Tierra wanted to leave our mothers with these words… “When you make things about God, your life, your decisions and even your thoughts…He rejoices and therefore will give you the strength and love you need to overcome and achieve anything your heart desires! I am constantly learning and growing and I feel his arms squeezing me so tight right now! It feels so good to have his confirmation and love.” Tierra recently stepped out on faith and opened her boutique, Stylish Consignments. She said, “Stepping out on faith feels better than I imagined and leaves me speechless at times. So many doors are already open, just waiting for us to walk through them. Sometimes people focus on the doors that are closed and wait to say, "When one door closes another one opens…" Well I have found it to be true, several doors are there just waiting for you to take the first step inside.”

Tierra has always had a knack and love for fashion and will be celebrating the grand opening of her boutique this weekend just outside of Atlanta, GA. She explained, “Resale industry was inspired by my natural love for fashion and my mother’s gift to always find an impeccable deal!” Learn more about her and the business at www.stylishconsignments.com. The grand opening will be held on Saturday, October 24 from 10 am-4 pm at 5514 Lawrenceville Hwy, Suite E, Lilburn, GA, 30047. Tierra’s favorite quote is, “If not you then who if not now then when. She explained, “I actually wrote this quote on my mirror when I decided not to work for anyone else until I gave myself a shot. It inspires me.”

Be sure to tune in on Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing... I have not been on in a while, but I'm back my darling cousin...
Tierra, your life is an inspiration to all mothers striving towards success.
Shonte', you are doing your thing woman. Thank you for getting things in place. I look forward to Monday's words of encouragement!!!
God Bless,

Bigelow