Friday, October 30, 2009

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at Savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature Saved M.O.M.’s near and far. There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am proud to say that this week’s Feature Friday is dedicated to Cree Davis. She currently resides in Atlanta, GA. Cree is an awesome and beautiful wife, mother of two, philanthropist and entrepreneur.

When I asked Cree how she came to know the Lord she shared, “I began my personal relationship with the Lord the night I found out my father was shot and killed. My grandfather was a firefighter; he had a scanner in the house, so he would be informed right away if any emergencies occurred. The night of my father’s death my grandfathers scanner started to speak of a man that was just shot to death and my mother heard my father’s name, Roy Stanford.” As you can imagine this news was devastating to the entire family. Cree went on to explain, “My mother became very ill. As my family prepped to tell me what was going on, though I was only twelve, I could already sense something very bad in the pit of my stomach, my heart started to hurt and I couldn’t swallow. When I heard the words, “Your father was killed”, I began to weep. I was totally a daddy’s girl. I went into the room where my bed was and knelt down to pray. I didn’t really know what to say or how to pray at this point, but I knew I had to figure it out. I needed God right away. I began to pray a sincere childlike prayer to God asking why this happened to me and to help. I remember the pain in my heart disappearing; I felt better. I remember getting up from the floor and I was no longer thinking about myself, but my mother.” This was Cree’s first personal experience with God and it gave her a peace like never before. This experience allowed her to understand death at a very early age. Cree said, “God also spoke to me and said, “It’s ok to miss your earthly father, but no worries my daughter, I am your heavenly father and I will never leave you, I will be with you forever”. I am now God’s “Daddy’s Girl”…”

During our interview Cree shared what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her, she shared, “[It] has been such a blessing. This organization [Saved M.O.M.] has allowed me to not be so engulfed in my personal family life to the point I forget to pray and send love out for other mothers that do not have the energy/strength to pray for themselves and their families. In our prayer meetings we pray for each other, mothers that are in attendance, mothers that send in prayer request and for all mothers in our country.” She went on to say, “Since joining Saved M. O. M., my passion to step outside of my situations into other mothers situations has grown immensely. Out of my love and passion to pray and help other mothers God has been doing marvelous things for my family. Thank you Saved M.O.M. for being bold and on fire for God…never watered down!”


Cree’s favorite scripture is, “God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.” 1 John 4:16. She wanted to share these words of encouragement with our mothers…”Ask God for a deep love and passion to pray for other mothers. You never know what another mother is going through and she may not have the energy to pray her herself. It will also show you that you are not alone in your daily struggles as a mother and your situation may not be as bad as you think.

Cree is a full time stay-at-home mom, Founder of Big Sis Lil Sis Inc. www.bigsislilsisinc.org, President of Mocha Moms of South Fulton www.mochamomsofsouthfulton.org and CEO of Sheek Furniture www.sheekfurniture.com. Feel free to check out this busy woman of God and join her in her efforts via the aforementioned sites. Her quote for today is… “I am a work in progress… God is creating a masterpiece in me!”

Be sure to tune in on Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

2 comments:

Kennisha Hill said...

This is a very beautiful testimony. Thanks so much for sharing this with us, Shonte! Very encouraging!

Have a wonderful week-end!

Warmly,
Kennisha

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!