Monday, November 2, 2009

Who’s Watching

Good day to all! I am so thankful to see another beautiful day with my health and strength in tact. I am even more thankful to know that the Lord is keeping and covering my family. We have so much to praise Him for! I hope that each of you had a blessed, wonderful and fulfilling weekend.

On yesterday, I went to visit my mother and when I turned onto her street I saw my sister outside talking with some of her friends. They immediately ran to my car and started to compliment me on my outfit and volunteered to come help set up at my sons birthday party next weekend. I didn’t think much of it at the time, but this morning I thought to myself, “Those girls really do look up to me.”

This led me to think about all of the little and not so little eyes that are watching us on a daily basis. Not only are our children looking up to us, but we are role models and examples for so many other people and we don’t even realize it. That’s why it is so important that we “walk right” and live according to God’s plan and purpose everyday of our lives. “In Him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,” (Ephesians 1:11). I will be the first to say that I am not perfect, but I am definitely striving to be more like Jesus everyday. I do fall short at times, but I have to make every effort to be the example that God has called me to be.

Soon after getting married a friend and I were having a debate on the subject of Christians going to the club. I can’t speak for everyone, but I can certainly speak for myself in saying that the club is not a good atmosphere for me. I absolutely LOVE to dance and would love to go to the club with my husband just to dance with him all night, but that wouldn’t be very wise. The club is filled with so many sinful things such as; drugs, lust and alcohol. So how bright can my light really shine if I am in such a dark place? Also, you never know who’s watching you at any given moment. Let’s think about this for a minute… would it be very good witness for Saved M.O.M. to be gyrating in the club, even if it is on my husband? I think not.

No matter where you are or what you are doing, just remember that there are ALWAYS eyes watching you. What kind of example are you setting for those eyes to see? More importantly, God is always watching you, even when no one else is.

Be sure to tune in on tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

2 comments:

MOMSWEB said...

Amen, amen, and AMEN! Most of the time we aren't even aware we're being watched. Great post and excellent reminder!

Anonymous said...

It is so true that eyes are always watching you... I am over our sound booth at church, in addition to being on the Praise & Worship team, Dance team, & the Secretary. Because of these "activities" I am very involved with the church and a lot of youth (they keep me young… LOL)

One day at practice, I was on the phone with future hubby, and I said 'we will discuss it later. I'm in the sanctuary right now and I can't talk.' Even when service is not going on, we need to honor God's anointing. One of the girls was on her phone and before I could go over, another young lady who witnessed my earlier conversation told her to step out of the sanctuary or please call them back.

The way that we handle every area of our lives is under a microscope. Society has this image of the church as a group of hypocrites and they are waiting for all of God's saints to make a mistake. No, we are not perfect, but we strive to live up to God's expectations in us as His chosen few. As you know, my family owns a club and I don’t go there either Shonte’. I thought about going to watch the falcons’ game with my sister tonight but that was a bad choice on my part. God gave me an out; I will be babysitting tonight instead. I said all that to say this, God is with us at all times. He is not something we can pick up and put down at our own convenience.
God Bless,

Bigelow