Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. At night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods word in their hearts.

Monday’s passage read, “I ask our holy Father to guard you as you pursue His life that He conferred as a gift through Jesus. I thank Him for posting a night watch about you this evening.” I am so thankful that God sent Jesus so that we may have everlasting and abundant life. I realize that as a Christian mother it is my duty to make sure that my children understand that they were bought at a price. They must understand that we are living temples of the Holy Spirit and we belong to God. For the word tells us, “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price…” (1 Corinthians 6:20). On the day that I gave my life to the Lord I made a choice to live for God and to let His word direct my path. At that moment I made a decision to stop letting my flesh rule me and instead to let the Holy Spirit lead and guide me the rest of the way.

Salvation is truly serious business and it is not to be looked upon lightly. As parents we have to make every effort to teach our children the importance of salvation because there will come a point in time that they must willingly choose salvation for themselves. I wish that I could ask the Lord to give my son salvation for the rest of his life and that be the end of it, but it doesn’t work that way. We are born with free will and salvation is available to all of us, but we must ask for it. God never intended for us to suffer but to have abundant life. “For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thessalonians 5:9). So let's continue to rise above our fleshly ways and desires and let the Holy Spirit within us prevail in all that we do.

Be sure to tune in on tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

1 comment:

Bernard L. Lawson said...

Hello Minister Shon,

It was an honor for me to serve you, Jason, Caleb and the entire birthday celebration cogregation. If you could look within my heart and see the adoration that I have for you and Jason and the awesome job that you guys are doing in nurturing my grandson, your careers, your ministry and your marriage is a testiomy to the power of God operating in your lives. Continue to sow seeds into kingdom of God, knowing that you are sowing into good ground and you will receive a hundredfold harvest for every seed that you have sown; to God be the glory!!!

Love Bernard "B" Lawson
(Your Proud Father!)