Monday, November 16, 2009

Something in the Atmosphere

I pray that each and every one of you had something awesome happen to you over the weekend! As I sit here at the computer, there are so many thoughts going through my mind. I sense that there is a shifting about to take place in the atmosphere for some reason. Does anyone else feel the same?

It seems as though there is something great on the horizon, if we can just hold on a little while longer. It’s time for us to start doing things on a level that we haven’t before. Let’s elevate our minds, our spirits, our bodies, and our hearts. My pastor has been speaking on the following phrase for a few weeks now… “When is the last time you did something for the first time?” You see, the magnitude of this question didn’t hit me until about 30 seconds ago. So, I am seriously asking myself, “Shonte’, when is the last time you did something for the first time?” Now, I don’t mean something simple, like preparing a meal that you never cooked before, but something that can really make a difference in your life or in the lives of those around you.

Life is too short for us to just sit back and let life happen to us, how about we happen to the lives around us? God has planted something special on the inside of each and every one of us. We all have something great to offer. That special gift or talent that you have is there to bring glory to God and His Kingdom. How are you using your gifts and talents? Although, our gifts are different, they are all from the same spirit. For the word explains, “There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men.” (1 Corinthians 12:4-6).

I am making a decision to start off everyday asking myself, “Self, what can I do for the first time today?” In other words, I want to think of new ways to please God and be a blessing to those around me. It’s time to elevate ourselves like never before. It’s time to reach higher, think better and make a mark that can’t be erased!

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: