Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthday Blessings

Here we are again blessed with another Monday that’s sure to be filled with love, happiness and awesomeness!!! I had such a wonderful weekend celebrating my sons’ birthday. I missed you all on Thursday and Friday, but we all know how hectic it can be planning an event in addition to all of our other duties and obligations.

Last week I sat back and wondered how in the world the party grew to 50 people so quickly. I started to spaz out for a few moments, then I pulled myself up by the bootstraps, rolled my sleeves up and went to work. The party was amazing and it seems as though everyone enjoyed the fellowship, fun and food. I know I surely did! This morning I am reflecting on how much of a blessing it is to have so many wonderful people surrounding and supporting us. I don’t know that I could have pulled it off without the help of my amazing friends and family.

I must take a few moments in this post to give special thanks to my hubby, my mother, my father, my dad, my mother-in-law, my grandmother, my sister and her best friend, my best friends Rasheedah and Christina, Simone, Hilary, cousin Brandon and all others that contributed in any way! Thanks guys for making this one of the best birthday parties ever! I thank God for the favor and blessings that I receive on a daily basis. I am a firm believer that we should always be willing to help our fellow man and do good unto all. For the word tells us, “Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” (Galatians 6:10).

I am not taking the blessings of the support and love of my family and friends for granted. Instead I am going to take the acts of selflessness and kindness that they displayed over the weekend and pay it forward. Please join me in paying forward all the wonderful things that come your way and watch your life be blessed in a special way!

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: