Friday, November 20, 2009

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at Savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature Saved M.O.M.’s . There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am proud to say that this week’s Feature Friday is dedicated to Janyne E. Collins. She currently resides in Kennesaw, GA. Janyne is a mother and a passionate woman of God whom has dedicated her life to helping single mothers.

Janyne received salvation at the age of 21. She recalled, “I was 21 yrs. old and pregnant with my son. My son’s Godmother, my best friend, invited me to study the bible. Five months later I made Jesus Lord of my life.” When asked what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her Janyne explained, “…I am the mother and the father. My son looks to me to be the very best. He counts on me to be an example to him. He counts on me to teach him responsibility. He counts on me to teach him how to love unconditionally. He counts on me to be the God fearing, God loving woman that God calls me to be. He depends on me to support him through his achievements. He depends on me to love him through his mistakes. He counts on me to praise him, to encourage him, to discipline him and love him through it all. Being saved and a single mom means that I need to be all that I can be to help him grow and be a great awesome man for GOD!”

Janyne currently stands on 1 Corinthians 13. She knows that through love and faith we will be led to do great things. Janyne wanted to leave our mothers with these words, “Be the best example you can be for your child.” She recently started Struggling Single Moms, Inc. to help meet the needs of single mothers. To get more information, learn about her community outreach or to donate to her ministry please visit www.helpstrugglingsinglemoms.com. Her first outreach event will be held this Sunday, November 22nd from 3-8 pm. It is the Single Mom's First Annual Thanksgiving Dinner. The dinner location is 6208 Memorial Dr Stone Mountain, GA 30038.

Be sure to tune in on Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit a prayer request please email info@savedmom.com.

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: