Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. At night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods word in their hearts.

Yesterday’s passage read, “May you be quick to hear, and slow to speak and slow to become angry.” Most of us have heard someone say, “We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.” Through the years I have had to learn to practice this rule more and more. We must realize that words have a lot of power and once we release them into the atmosphere we can’t take them back. The word tells us, “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” (Proverbs 18:21). We have to be prepared to eat the fruit that we release from our mouths.

I can remember saying this in my youth, “Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.” Boy was that a big lie! I allowed words to hurt me many times in my life and through that I learned that I should ALWAYS think before speaking. We have all said things that we wished we could have taken back, but couldn’t. Over time I have realized the importance of thinking before speaking and to not allow anger to overtake me. Now that I understand these important principles, I will be sure to teach them to my children.

As parents we should use the lessons that we have learned in our lives help us lead our children in the right direction. We don’t want them to make the same mistakes that we have made. Of course, there are some things that they will have to learn through experience, but we can certainly use our experiences to advise them and direct their paths.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: