Monday, December 14, 2009

The Art of Compromise

Good day to all! Is it me or do the weekends go by like a flash of lightening? So, here we are blessed with another Monday in the life of a Saved M.O.M. I’m sure that I am not the only one that endured the adventure of holiday shopping over the weekend.

Well, as most of my faithful readers know, I am super budget conscious. I like to refer to myself as fiscally responsible although, my husband calls me cheap! I was recently faced with a situation regarding a Christmas gift that was requested of me to purchase. My husband approached me several weeks ago and told me what he wanted for Christmas and it was actually triple the cost of what I had planned on spending for his Christmas gift! The more I thought about the cost, the more agitated I became. Then, I sat back and thought to myself, “Self, your husband is always more than willing to do whatever he needs to do to make sure that you are able to pursue all of your dreams and have your daily desires and needs met. So how could you begrudge him this one thing?” Then I immediately started thinking of ways that I could compromise and come up with a way to please both parties involved.

I asked my husband if he would be willing to meet me half way on the cost by selling a few of his other “toys” and apply that money to his gift. He was more than willing to oblige and the problem was solved! Just that simple, one little conversation alleviated all of the ruckus that I had created about this one gift. How simple was that? Instead, of harping on the issues that arise in our relationships, we should just step outside of our little boxes and consider “the art of compromise.” We must use wisdom in all things and always make an effort to be considerate, loving and kind. “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.” (James 3:17). What are you going to compromise on today?

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com.

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: