Monday, December 7, 2009

The Friendship Blessing

Happy Monday beautiful people! Well, the weekend has come to an end and a new week has just begun. Here we are with a whole week of possibilities ahead of us. Praise God for the new things, for the best is yet to come!

As I sit at the computer I hear BeBe Winans singing “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmans” on the radio. There is a portion of the song that says, “Faithful friends who are dear to us gather near to us once more.” This line made me think of all the wonderful friends that God has blessed me with. For so many years I struggled to maintain healthy and wholesome friendships. It seemed as though I tried any and everything to make people like me, but I always seemed to be hurt or disappointed by these people.

Through the years I knew that I could always depend on God and my mother to be there. Although, I wanted to have friends in my peer group that I could count on to be there for me and truly be able to depend on them no matter what. For years and years I prayed that God would send me true and lasting friendships and now I can say that this prayer has been answered. I believe that in the midst of broken friendships God wanted me to see that I didn’t need a person to validate me and that I could always find comfort in Him.

It’s amazing how God will always send you what you need just when you need it. I have a new found friend that is a close neighbor. She called me a couple of days ago to let me know that she had some things that she wanted to give to my son. I went over on last evening to pick up the items and the timing couldn’t have been better for the things that she gave us! I truly appreciate her giving nature and all of the wonderful ways that my closest friends have blessed me over time.

Let’s not take our friendships for granted. I think we should all contact our closest friends today just to let them know how much we love and appreciate them. We all have had moments of discontent in which we needed our friends to be there for us, and they were. “A despairing man should have the devotion of his friends, even though he forsakes the fear of the Almighty.” (Job 6:14). Let’s take a few moments to show them that their acts didn’t go overlooked.

Be sure to tune in on Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com.

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this is a late response to this post, but I just wanted to say this... God is a jealous God. If we look to Him for direction the desires of our heart will come to us, so long as they line up with the Word of God. The walk with God is lonely at times but one thing I can say that helps me get passed this fact is this: I am validated in God because no man can make or break me. We were not put on this earth to please everyone. Someone is going be offended regardless of what we do. If I speak this person before I speak to the other person then I have hurt their feelings and so on and so forth... Keep this in mind everyday: No matter what you do, do it as pleasing unto the Lord (Ephesians 5)

Bigelow