Friday, May 21, 2010

Feature Friday

Happy Friday to all! As I prepared for my weekend, I realized that I will be attending three graduations between today and tomorrow. I’m sure most of you all know someone that will be graduating this year as well. So this Feature Friday I would like to feature all of our graduates and wish them many blessings and much favor as they embark upon the next chapter of their lives.

Graduation is a major milestone for many and those of us that have lived long enough to have gained wisdom should be willing to pass a few jewels along to these young men and women. The Word explains, “Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding,” (Proverbs 3:13).

As one graduates and prepares to enter the next phase of life, there are a few important topics that need to be discussed. Of course, their spiritual well being should be at the top of the list. Let’s take this opportunity to minister to these young individuals. I sure wish someone would have ministered the Gospel to me during that major life transition. Now, we don’t have to be super “deep” about it, but simply planting a small seed can go a long way.

One of the other important topics of discussion after graduation should be proper financial management. Now, most of you all know that I am an advocate of the Dave Ramsey way of teaching financial principles and wealth building. So, I feel that Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey would be a great book to give graduates as gifts. The books are currently being offered on the website (www.daveramsey.com) at the discounted price of $10! To ensure that they actually read this book, you could offer a $50 gift upon completion of a well put together book report.

These are just my personal thoughts regarding this topic. I know that I would have had a greater jump start on life if someone simply ministered to my spirit and my finances upon graduation; just a little food for thought. Now, let’s go out and show some love to our future leaders of America!

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: