Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. At night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods Word in their hearts.

Monday’s passage read, “Little one, I bless you with eyes that look right ahead, with fixed purpose, as you consider well the path of your feet. I pray that all your ways will be established and ordered aright by Him.” As Christians it is important that we “keep our eyes on the prize” so to speak. We should always remember our purpose and press on towards the mark of the high calling. Philippians 3:12-14 reads, “I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.”

We are not perfect, but we can all strive for perfection. I can remember as a child being told, “Reach for the moon because even if you miss you will land among the stars.” We can still speak this to our children today, but let’s add a deeper spiritual component to this phrase. We can explain to our kids that if they keep their focus on God and the things of God, they will be winners in all things. Our children not only need to hear this, but they also need to see us focusing on His purpose and walking a path of righteousness.

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: