Monday, October 12, 2009

Gifts and Talents

Good day to all!!! What a refreshing weekend it was. Once again I am so excited at the start of yet another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.. Okay, okay, I will explain the source of my present excitement, but of course you have to get the back story first. Well, years ago when I was in college, I used to wear my hair in two-strand twists. There was a young lady that did them for me and she was very talented in natural hair styling. Well, after I graduated she moved out of town. Since that time I haven’t been able to find anyone that could twist my hair as good as she could. She and I have a mutual friend and I would often ask him about her through the years. I made him promise me that if she ever came back to Atlanta he would immediately let me know. So I received a phone call from him two weeks ago and guess who he put on the phone? Yup, you guessed it. My favorite stylist is back in the ATL!!!

On yesterday after church she styled my hair and it is even better than I remembered. I was so giddy sitting in her chair on yesterday. I felt like a kid in a candy store. As I talked to her she was telling me that she hadn’t done hair professionally in a while and she’s been considering reviving her styling career. I told her that she should seriously consider it because it is a true and natural talent for her. She could perfectly style my hair with her eyes closed and not miss a beat!

This led me to think about all of the gifts and talents that the Lord has placed on the inside of us. Each and every one of us has been blessed with special gifts from God. We all have different gifts, but we should use these gifts in accordance with one another to fulfill the will of the Lord. “There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but the same God works all of them in all men. (1 Corinthians 12:4-6).” As long and we walk in our gifts and help our children to discover and walk in their gifts this world will be a much better place. What gifts has God placed on the inside of you? Are you walking in those gifts or just letting them sit idle?

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: