Monday, October 5, 2009

Showing Appreciation

Wow! We made it through to see another week that is destined to be filled with joy and love. I am so revved up right now! Joyce Meyer Ministries was in Atlanta this past weekend and it was such a blessing to be able to attend the conference. I received so much good word and reading/study material during the event. Pastor Joyce Meyer is truly anointed and brings the word in such a powerful and profound way. You can check her ministry out at www.joycemeyer.org.

Well, I stayed out in Duluth, GA for a couple of days for the conference which caused me to get a bit behind on some business and house work. So, I came back home Saturday afternoon refreshed and rejuvenated only to find that there were so many things that I needed to get done. Although, I couldn’t get to everything right away because I had promised my mentee several weeks ago that I would take her bowling for her birthday. I finished as much as I could in the few hours that I had and then took her bowling. It was late when I got home and of course there was church on Sunday morning.

Well I scrambled to get caught up on things last night. I was so exhausted, but I wanted to catch things up so that I could get off to a fresh start today. I was so thankful when hubby took time away from his football watching (which he thoroughly enjoys) to help me with my “punch list.” I am so blessed to have a husband that looks at our marriage as a team of two instead of a one sided give-take relationship. We all know that team work makes the dream work! It felt so good to wake up knowing that most things on the "punch list" had been taken care. I made sure before I went to bed last night that I let hubby know just how much I appreciated him.

We really must make it a point to let our friends and family know that we appreciate them. We are all members in the body of Christ and we all need each other so that the body can function properly. “... But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.” (1 Corinthians 12-26). We weren’t sent here to do it all alone. We need God and we need one another.


I can’t stress this to mothers enough. We often feel that we have to be superwomen and never ask for help so that our weaknesses won’t be exposed or so we don’t impose upon someone else. I don’t know about you, but my mother always told me that it never hurts to ask. I mean what’s the worst that can happen? Either you are in the same place where you started or you just might receive what you ask for. Just remember when someone is willing to help you in your time of need to show them the appreciation that they deserve.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: