Friday, December 4, 2009

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at Savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature Saved M.O.M.’s. There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am proud to say that this week’s Feature Friday is dedicated to Bonita. She currently resides in Douglasville, GA. Bonita is the mother of a beautiful teen daughter and she is an amazing and anointed vocalist.

Bonita came to know the Lord at an early age. She recalled, “My mom used to send my siblings and I to church before she became a Christian when I was 9 yrs old and then she started TAKING us to church. She wanted all 4 of her children to know the joy of Jesus that she had found and so at 13 yrs old, I accepted Jesus into my heart.” Bonita went on to explain, “Although I was different from my friends, they respected the God that was in me. I realized at an early age that having God in my life was the wisest decision that I would ever make in my life.” Amen to that!

When asked what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her Bonita stated, “It means that I don't have to know it ALL. I just have to know the ONE who does.” Having a teen daughter can be a bit daunting at times. Bonita explained, “Having a teenage daughter can be challenging and rewarding all in the same day. Sometimes I sit and just listen to her. My heart is filled with joy to know that the biblical principles that she has been taught throughout her young life are being applied in her daily walk with God.” Bonita had the following words of wisdom to share in regards to motherhood, “You never know as a Saved M.O.M. if you are getting it quite right. And then in those priceless moments, God will give you a sweet confirmation that He is guiding you the whole way.”

Bonita’s favorite scripture is Philippians 4:6-7, “Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” She wanted to leave our readers with these words, “Utilize the greatest resource out there for Saved M.O.M.’s…The Wisdom and Guidance of God.

Bonita has a voice that you must hear! You can see her live at The Encounter Concert~ This Saturday, Dec 5th @ 6pm~ Celebrating the Arts through Worship & Praise. You can purchase tickets online at www.bonitasings.com for just $10. All Saved M.O.M.’s can purchase tickets at the door for $10 as well (instead of $15). If you are not in the Atlanta area or you can’t make it to tomorrow’s event please visit www.bonitasings.com to check out her upcoming events. I’m telling you her voice is absolutely amazing!

Be sure to tune in on Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com.

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: