Monday, June 21, 2010

A Father's Day Twist

Happy Monday to all! Since yesterday was Father’s Day, I wanted to dedicate this blog post to all of the single mothers out there that have been holding it down as mother and father. For many years I was raised by a single mother and I feel that credit must be given where credit is due.

First off, I would be remiss if I didn’t say a little something to my mommie (this is the spelling that she prefers-mommie gets what mommie wants). I truly admire my mother for so many reasons, but today I will focus on her dual parentship role (yes, I like to make up words as you can see). My mother and father had the fairytale relationship and wedding, but that all came crashing down when my father became an addict. Due to this sudden and traumatic change in course, my mother had to step into the role of being both mother and father. It was definitely a struggle, but my mother did everything in her power to make sure that I had a proper upbringing.

I am so thankful to God for giving me a strong mother that triumphed in every obstacle that she faced. My mother was blessed with another husband when I was fourteen years of age and has done a wonderful job at filling in that father space. I now have my biological father in my life and we have a great relationship as well. I am so thankful for all of my dads, mom included!

I always appreciated my mother for what she did and the sacrifices that she made, but I didn’t truly understand her plight until I became a mother myself. I have been blessed to have an amazing husband whom fathers my son very well, and motherhood is still an all encompassing job. I can’t begin to imagine what life would be like raising a child without a father. This is why I am taking this time to celebrate all of the single mothers out there.

I pray that God grants you a strength that surpasses all understanding. I pray that you have supernatural uncommon favor with everyone that you come in contact with. I pray that there is always enough money in the bank and enough food on the table. I pray that you have good measures shaken together and running over. “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. (Luke 6:38)” I salute you for making the ends meet and loving your children unconditionally. Thanks M.O.M.’s for carrying out your mommie mission no matter what obstacle has come your way and to my M.O.M., thanks for being the best example a mother could be, I love you!

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: