Monday, June 7, 2010

Shattered Glass

Top of the week to each and every one of you! Thanks for your prayers and well wishes during my recovery time over the weekend. So this blog entry pertains to my Monday morning motivation.

So this morning started off a little shaky, but I didn’t think much of it. I still had some residual pain from my procedure on last Thursday and I just didn’t feel much like myself. I was moving a bit slow as I prepared for my workload for the day.

Well, in the midst of getting breakfast in order I noticed that something had spilled in the refrigerator, so I took out the shelf to clean it off. I removed the glass from the shelf and began cleaning it over the sink. About 20 seconds into cleaning the glass, “Kaboom,” suddenly glass popped and shattered all over my kitchen, breakfast nook and into the family room. I was immediately taken aback and realized that I had to get this glass up as quickly as possible and keep the kids away. So after two hours of cleaning glass from every possible surface in these three rooms, vacuuming, wiping down countertops and picking glass out of my finger I was tired, but not defeated.

I realized, in the midst of this situation, that I have really grown over the past few years. Several years ago I would have allowed something like that to have completely destroyed my day and my mood. Of course, I am not happy about what happened, and I will be contacting Frigidaire after blogging, but I still have a smile on my face. I have come to the realization that monkey wrenches will be thrown, but when they are, it's just time to tighten up the loose ends and keep it moving. When the Holy Spirit is completely dwelling in us we don’t have to allow the attacks of the enemy or just plain mishaps to throw us off course. We must continue to fight the good fight of faith and allow the set backs to be faith builders, not faith stealers. “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” (1 Timothy 6:12)

This is why it is so important that we maintain a close relationship with God and also keep our bodies healthy. Our bodies don’t manage stressful situations very well when we are nutrient deficient. On next week I will be sure to let you all know how my quest for more nutrient dense food is going.

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,


Saved M.O.M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Post! It is always important to realize that you are in control of your mood and emotions, not your situation. Like Bobby McFarren said. "Don't worry, be happy"

-J. Press (Affectionately known as Hubby)