Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. At night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods Word in their hearts.

Saturday’s passage read, “I thank God that you will receive His salvation. He has set out His angels, who are spirit-messengers, to help care for you.” I can remember my mother telling me many years ago that I had to ask for salvation for myself. As a teenager, I didn’t quite understand that salvation had to be personally requested. After my mother explained it to me, I came to the understanding that I had to want salvation for myself. Neither my mother nor my father could “carry me under their salvation umbrella” forever.

Once a person comes of age, salvation must be personally requested by them before they can receive everlasting life. The Lord has made all of us free will agents to make choices and decisions as we wish. Although, it is not God’s desire for us to suffer; He wants us to receive salvation by way of Jesus. “For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thessalonians 5:9)

I’m so thankful that my mother explained this very important message to me. As Christian parents we must explain this principle to our children. I would argue that the message of salvation should be our top priority when it comes to raising our children. As we teach them this principle let’s remember that our God is not forceful and neither should we be. We can make daily deposits into our children’s spiritual bank accounts without creating a spiritual overload.

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: