Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. At night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods Word in their hearts.

Yesterday’s passage read. “May your eyes be focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what the Lord is calling you to do. I bless you so that you might grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life He has for His children.” After reading this passage I started to think about the fact that so many people have not yet realized their calling and don’t know their purpose in the Lord. I recall asking myself in years past, time and time again, “What is my purpose? Why am I here? What am I supposed to be doing?” Then one day the Lord showed me and I have been able to see things a lot more clearly since. It’s so important that as believers we understand our purpose. In the book of Ephesians Paul wrote, “I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,” (Ephesians 1:18).

I feel that you really can’t live life to the fullest until you understand your purpose in being here. God has placed something truly special inside of each and every one of us. He has given us a hope and a future in Him. “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11). It’s time to stop merely existing. It’s time to live in our true purpose and calling so that we can help guide our children to knowing theirs.

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: