Monday, June 28, 2010

A Moldy Mess

Hola! I guess I’m feeling a bit of Spanish flare in my spirit today! I am in a really good space this afternoon. Well, I’m always in a pretty good space, but today it’s a bit above the norm for me.

So onto the bloggersation for today… I got a pretty early start to the day this morning because I wanted to thoroughly clean out my dishwasher before going into business mode. I guess I need to share the back story first. A few days ago I noticed that I have a very small mold issue in my dishwasher and I needed to give it a nice scrub, but wasn’t sure on how to get the process underway. Therefore, I went online to research how to get mold out of the dishwasher, using all natural cleaning products of course. Well, soon after the research started it ended with this site http://www.ehow.com/how_4865787_remove-mold-mildew-interior-dishwasher.html.

Mold is nothing to play with so after covering the counters and the floor, “Operation Mold Elimination” was in full effect. I had on my gloves and I was ready to scrub! I figured it would take about 20-30 minutes to get the scrubbing done before running the dishwasher with the suggested cleaners. Well, about 45 minutes into scrubbing I realized that this was going to take a bit longer than I originally thought if I was going to do a first-class job. I started to get a little irritated that it was taking so long because I needed to get my business day started. Then, the Lord showed me something.

God simply allowed me to see that cleaning that mold parallels to how he cleans us when we become saved. When we ask for salvation we have lots of spotty residue all over us that needs to be tenderly scrubbed off and removed. Our sins are immediately washed away but it takes time to get rid of the spots that the sin left behind. Just like mold, these spots can continue to grow and multiply if we don’t truly allow God to do a work in us and really help us get cleaned up. God never gets irritated because it takes time for the spots to go away; He just keeps on loving us and helping to turn our dark spots into shining speckles of light.

When I received this revelation I began to look at cleaning the mold away very differently. I was no longer irritated or tired of scrubbing. I took a few moments to thank God for cleaning up my moldy mess and continued to clean up the moldy mess in my dishwasher. (Disclaimer: There really were only some very small spots of mold throughout the dishwasher, and the safety quality of my home has not been compromised.)

This mold analogy also holds true in parenthood. As our children grow older they will undoubtedly get some “mold spots” in their lives, we just have to be there to show them how to properly engage in “Operation Mold Elimination”. So don’t get irritated when their spots begin to show and grow, just be there to show them love and guide them towards the ultimate scrubbing agent, Jesus Christ. He can even cleanse diseases away. “Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cured of his leprosy.” (Matthew 8:3)

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

3 comments:

Cree said...

Really enjoyed “Operation Mold Elimination” Blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Impressive publish! STICK WITH IT!
My website is [url=http://www.homeremediesforacnetreatments.com]best acne treatment[/url]

Anonymous said...

Tremendous! This particular is all I can think pertaining to a blog post like this excellent. This kind of is literally a notably explanatory article post on the blog. You just need to know a lot about this amazing.
My website is about [url=http://goodstockstoinvestin.blogspot.com]Good stocks to invest in[/url]