Monday, August 17, 2009

Back to Business

Hi there! I am so excited that things are back up and running and I can get back to business as usual. I hope that your weekend was blessed and prosperous and I pray that your week to come is the same. I am just coming off of a much needed spiritual fast and cleanse. I really needed to take a few moments to release some negative energy and spend more time around things and people of God.

I find that so often as Christians we get caught up in things of the world and wonder why we feel the way that we do. When you have a constant flow of negativity from media and people that you are surrounded by, it begins to rub off on you. One of the things that I swayed away from during this fast was gossip. I never realized just how much people around me gossiped until I started this fast. As I sit back and really think about it I have to thank God for giving me this much needed revelation. I am literally being checked by Him as I type these words! I was waiting with slight anticipation for my friends to update me with the things that I didn’t allow them to share with me while I was fasting. Fortunately, I have come to the realization that I should just let them know that I won’t be able to engage them in conversation about those things.

I am not passing judgment on people that engage in gossip, but I am checking myself and allowing the Holy Spirit to wash away things that are not of Him. With gossip being one of those things, I am making a serious effort to rid my ears and mouth of it. I mean, in reality, what good can come from gossiping anyway? The word tells us, “The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts.” (Proverbs 18:8). I am striving to do things that will be pleasing to the Lord. Therefore, I must grow everyday and hearken myself unto Him.

As a mother and a Christian I must make it a priority to emulate a life that is pleasing unto the Lord and one that will set a great example for my children. In many cases, children grow up doing the things that they see their parents doing. As I wrote in a previous post, it is time out for “Do as I say, not as I do.” We must step up to the plate and make the necessary changes to set positive and Godly examples for our kids. We certainly can’t count on the media and society to do it for us. Today I thank God for lessons learned and much needed reality checks.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,


Shonte’ Press

No comments: