Friday, August 21, 2009

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature Saved M.O.M.’s . There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am proud to say that this week’s Feature Friday is dedicated to Deborah Ann Press-Watson. She currently resides in Kerhonkson, New York and is the mother of two. Deborah is a vibrant woman of God. She has dedicated her life to ministry and is always full of joy!

Deborah is an ordained minister of the gospel serving God and her community. She teaches Sunday school, she is a part of the Praise & Worship team and she is delighted to share the word of God as the opportunity arises. She is the daughter of one of our previous Feature Friday guests, Mrs. Barbara Press. So it’s not surprising that she is living such a devoted life in the Kingdom. Deborah has known the Lord for a long time, she explained, “I was always in church from a child and I loved the Lord but I embraced salvation in 1987.”

I asked her what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her and she said, “Living a holy life before them (her children), letting my light shine and trusting God to honor His Word from Isaiah 54… your children will be taught of me and great will be the peace of your children.” As a student of the Bible and a minister/teacher Deborah has so many favorite scriptures. She said, “They are too numerous to mention, however after my walk on the wild side and seeking God for the answer to WHY... 1 Corinthians 9:10-27 (vs. 22 I am made all things to all men that I might by all means save some). My life is a testimony of the tests I have undergone to be used to save others from the fires of hell. Experience is a wonderful teacher!” Deborah has an awesome testimony and I hope that she will someday share it on Testimony Tuesday.

When I asked her if she had any words to leave our mothers with, she stated, “Train up a child in the way he/she should go and when he/she is old they will not depart (Proverbs 22:6). Do your part to raise them in the love and admonition of the Lord and TRUST God to honor His word. Know that they MUST sow some wild oats until like the prodigal son they come to their senses and return to their Heavenly Fathers House. God will turn their mess into a message and their test into a testimony of God's grace and Mercy. Just love them as Christ loves us...with an everlasting love. He looks beyond our faults and sees our need, Jeremiah 29:11, I know the plans I have for you… Gods will will be done, be patient. His timing is not ours but He will be glorified in ALL things.”

Deborah closed the interview by stating, “All I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife but he made something wonderful of my life.” Praise be to the Lord above! Be sure to tune in Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (http://www.savedmom.com/), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).



Mommie Blessings,


Shonte’ Press

No comments: