Friday, August 28, 2009

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature Saved M.O.M.’s . There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am proud to say that this week’s Feature Friday is dedicated to Taleea D. Mungin. She currently resides in Fort Worth, TX and is the mother of five. She is such an energetic and joy filled mother. Sometimes I wonder just how she does it all!

Taleea was living in Germany at the time that she received Jesus Christ as her personal Savior. She explained, “I was depressed and feeling like I was missing something. I heard a voice say, “You have tried everything else now try Jesus.” I used to go to a hair stylist in Germany and she led me to the Lord. I started attending her church and that is where I got born-again.” That was on Easter Sunday in 1997. God has been doing a miraculous work in Taleea ever since and her light truly shines for all to see.

When I asked Taleea what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her she said, “Being a Saved M.O.M. to me means enjoying a spirit-filled life. I have never known such peace and security. It is not always easy, but God’s grace is sufficient.” Her children love and respect her. They understand that she is saved and that they are under the blood of Christ as well. Taleea went on to say, “It is wonderful to watch my daughter Moneeka follow in my footsteps as a singer. She is very active in Youth ministry and she loves the Lord. I do have older children, who are not where I want them to be, but I am a praying mother and I know that the prayers of the righteous availeth much.”

Her favorite scripture is Psalms 91:1, “He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.” God’s love, protection, provision and instructions can be found in that scripture. Taleea explained, “Every time I feel weak or discouraged I read Psalm 91. He hides me from my enemies. He gives His angels charge over me just like He did for Jesus. God’s word is true to this day. He has always loved me and my family. I could go on and on about God’s goodness and mercy. He even protects us from ourselves, now that is grace and mercy!”

When asked if she had any words to leave as inspiration for other mothers Taleea said, “Always pray over your children and ask God for wisdom. He says His wisdom is far more precious than diamonds and precious stones. Love God first, your spouse second and then your children, because God will always direct your path if you put Him first. He will always lead you in the right direction.”

Taleea is currently working on her Bachelors degree in English and Education and her Masters in Children’s counseling. She believes that children need to know that there are people out here that love them for who they are. She said, “They need to know God loves them and they have hope.”

Be sure to tune in Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (http://www.savedmom.com/), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).


Mommie Blessings,


Shonte’ Press

No comments: