Monday, July 26, 2010

The Heat Is On

Happy Monday! Well, it’s the start to another week in what feels like one of the hottest summers ever in the ATL. As I sit at the computer my thermostat is not going below 77 degrees and it is set at 70. I have to figure out if there is a malfunction with the air-conditioning unit or if it’s just way too hot to cool off below a certain level. If there’s anyone out there that can offer up some advice on this matter please leave a comment on the homepage.

I was so disgusted when I opened the electric bill on yesterday. I couldn’t believe that it was almost $300! You all know how I am when it comes to sticking to the budget. Well, guess who didn’t factor in $300 for the electric bill for this month. It seems as though the AC unit has been working overtime to try to keep the house cool, but it doesn’t seem to be working very efficiently.

This morning I was in the processes of transferring some files over from the old computer to the new computer when I realized that I was almost completely drenched in sweat. I turned on the oscillating fan and it seems to be offering up some relief, but not much.

I have called around to find out what may be wrong with the AC unit and I was told to check and try a couple of things. If by this time tomorrow none of that stuff works I will be forced to bite the bullet and have a technician come out to have a look-see. To combat the ridiculous bill, I am thinking about turning the AC up to about 85 every night this week. I will just go old school and put the windows up and turn all of the fans on.

I know that this hardcore tactic may prove to be uncomfortable for a few nights, but the opportunity cost is worth it to me. In life, sometimes we have to endure some discomfort to get to where we want or need to be. However, no matter what our situation or circumstance is, we can always find comfort in our Lord and Savior. The Word says, “May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.” (Psalm 119:76). So I guess I will be doing a lot seeking comfort in Lord this week!

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: