Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Parenting Through a Storm

We all have situations in life that we face where we feel that we just need to be left alone and take time for ourselves. However, as parents, we don’t always have the option of doing so. Have you ever faced a difficult situation, but couldn’t fully ride out your emotional rollercoaster because you didn’t want your child to know that something was wrong?

We try so hard to create a loving and healthy environment for our children to grow up in. We do our best to make sure that all of their needs are met. We even make personal sacrifices so that they can have the things that we didn’t.

When we are going through a “rough patch” many of us try to hide the negativity from our kids, but in doing so we don’t always properly allow ourselves to face the reality of our situation. How do we find that happy medium of parenting properly and mending our wounds? I don’t know the answer to this question. I just know that with God all things are possible. “Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."” (Matthew 19:26) We have to learn how to not lean to our own understanding, but to look to God and His Word to bring us through whatever it is that we are faced with.

No matter what may be going on in your life, just continue to show love to your child as God continually shows His love towards us. "Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever." (Psalm 136:2) Parenting is not always easy, but the blessing of parenthood is so wonderfully amazing!

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

1 comment:

LowderLiving said...

Love it! I frequently find myself hiding my emotions or a difficult situation from my kids, just like my parents did from me. I grew up thinking my parents never had any troubles. I pray that I'll be able to show my kids how to maneuver through life's difficulties with prayer and dependence on God.