Friday, July 30, 2010

Frugal Mommie Fridays

Today I must tell you all about my recent Craigslist purchase. I have talked about ways to save money via Craigslist purchases in the past. For those of you that are not familiar with www.craigslist.com, it’s a website that allows people to buy and sell used goods at discounted prices.

Well, earlier this week I was in the market for a baby monitor. I really wanted to get another video monitor for business purposes, but of course the audio-only monitor was cheaper, so I went that route. I called the seller to find out if the monitor that she had posted was still available and it was. I was so excited when I found out that I could get the monitor that same day. We arranged a public meeting location during daytime hours (very important with Craigslist purchases). We met about 45 minutes later and the deal was done.

I couldn’t wait to put this monitor to use. A few hours later I plugged it in and there was nothing but static. I read the directions and attempted to troubleshoot the problem. After wasting about 30 minutes of my day on this thing, I gave up. I immediately called the seller back and left a non-descript message for her to call me. We have been playing phone tag every since Tuesday and I don’t know what to do. I really want to get my $15 back so it can go towards the purchase of a video monitor.

I will definitely have my power converter ready in my car when the next deal goes down. I have learned a very valuable lesson when it comes to electronic purchases via Craigslist; always test before buying. I haven’t had any problems with previous electronic purchases and if I don’t get my money back, it was only fifteen bucks. I can definitely count this as a lesson learned. Just remember to always plan ahead when it comes to spending your money. “The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.” (Proverbs 21:5).

I would love to get your feedback regarding this matter. Should I keep calling the seller and attempt to return the product in exchange for my money or should I just let it go? Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: