Monday, August 2, 2010

The Importance of Loving You

Good day, I hope that you are walking in the fullness of the blessing that God has prepared for you. Today the Lord is leading me to blog about the importance of loving yourself. There are so many people walking around with low self esteem and lacking in self-confidence. In many cases this is due to past emotional hurt or damage.

As Christians, we have to learn to move past the bad things that have happened to us. None of us is perfect and we all have things in our past that are far from Christ like, but God is not dwelling on these things, so why should we? We also have things that we are insecure about, but we were made exactly the way God intended. I don’t mind being transparent in saying that I have struggled with my share of insecurities, on many different levels. However, I had to come to the realization that God made me the way that I am for a reason.

We were all born with a specific purpose and with gifts that are to be used for His purpose. Sometimes I think back about things that my son used to do that would frustrate or irritate me. I used to try to pray certain traits and ways out of him, until I realized that those things could be gifts that God placed on the inside of him. They could be traits and ways that he will need later in life to carry out his God-given assignments. Therefore, I had to stop praying these things away and instead pray that God shows my husband and I the proper ways to cultivate His gifts and talents for good use.

Getting back to the importance of loving yourself; don’t allow yourself to dwell on the shortcomings or faults that you have. Pray about them and love you in the same unconditional way that your Heavenly Father loves you. He sees beyond our faults and our shortcomings and he accepts us with all our blemishes and bruises. He loves us and has set us free! “…To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,” (Revelation 1:5).

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: