Monday, August 30, 2010

Family Time

Hello all! A couple of weeks ago I wrote a blog entitle, Family Ties, in which I discussed the importance of spending time with family. Well, you will be happy to know that hubby and I have implemented a Family Potluck at our home, which occurs every 5th Sunday. On yesterday we enjoyed about 25 of our closest friends and relatives and fellowshipped while stuffing our faces.

When I originally came up with the idea to have the Family Potluck I wanted to have it every last Sunday of the month. After speaking with my uncle, whom frequently hosts family gatherings as well, I was discouraged from doing so. He said that he thought the potluck was a good idea, but doing it every month would probably be too much of a strain in many ways. Boy was he right! I didn’t realize how much time, energy and money can go into putting something like this together. Having the event every 5th Sunday still accomplishes the same goal of getting the family together without overextending myself like I often do.

I seem to have this reoccurring issue of overextending myself, but always coming from a best intentions kind of place in my mind. I’m wondering if I should fast regarding this issue. I try so hard to be the best me that I can be, but then I end up overcomplicating my life and the lives of those around me in the process. Please pray for a sista!

Well, back to the matter of family time. Maybe it would be a good idea for more families to have monthly or quarterly potlucks to ensure that the family stays connected and has an opportunity to fellowship at times other than weddings and funerals. During your time of fellowship with your loved ones be sure to let your light shine! “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7)

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: