Thursday, August 19, 2010

Nobody Told Me

Today is a continuation of the “Nobody Told Me Series”. This series is comprised of blogs about things that we face as mothers that most of us were not forewarned about before venturing into the realm of parenthood. So today’s topic is, “Nobody told me that being a married mother would give me an even greater appreciation for single mothers.”

I had some quiet time a few days ago, which seems to come few and far between nowadays. In those moments I started to think about just how much I appreciate my husband and all of the ways that he has my back in this thing called life. He is my friend, my partner, my confidant, my lover and so much more. I also started to think about the fact that he is an amazing father. He is always there to pick up the slack and tie up the loose ends when it comes to this parenting thing.

In that moment I thought about how different life would be as a mother if he wasn’t around. What would I do on the days that I didn’t feel so well, or the days that I had overcommitted myself, or the days when I just needed some me time? Then I started to think about all of the single mothers out there that are doing it all alone. I can’t even begin to imagine how much of a physical, emotional and mental load that must be to carry.

For many years my mother was a single mom and she did it with a smile on her face. When I asked her how she did it, all she could say was, “By the grace of God.” I just want to take a few moments to give a special word of appreciation to all of the single mothers out there. You all know who you are, but know that you are not in this alone. When the going gets tough, don’t hesitate to call on God and your loved ones. It truly takes a village to raise a child and Lord knows we have a lot of work to do in that department.

As mothers, most of us are doing the best that we can. Parenting is not an easy feat and we should seek God and help from others when we need it. We are striving to be that Proverbs 31 woman and we must remember that our rewards will be great here on earth and even greater in heaven. As stated in the last passage of Proverbs 31 “Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.” (Proverbs 31:31).

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: