Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nobody Told Me

Today is a continuation of the “Nobody Told Me Series”. This series is comprised of blogs about things that we face as mothers that most of us were not forewarned about before venturing into the realm of parenthood. So today’s topic is, “Nobody told me that my mom would be right about everything.”

During my childhood and teen years it seemed as though my mom wanted to give me advice about everything. I grew so tired of hearing her tell me that she was trying to help me and in some way save me from going through the things that she had gone through. I wanted to experience life for myself instead of having someone tell me how to experience it. Of course this led to many bumps and bruises along the bumpy road of growing up.

Over the past few years my perspective on this has totally changed. I actually should have listened to my mother more, but rest assured I definitely seek out her counsel now. When it comes to raising children of my own, she is usually one of the first people that I call for advice. Much to my advantage, she usually has a 99% success rate on the guidance that she gives.

It saddens me when I think about mothers that don’t or didn’t have their moms around to offer up good advice while raising their children. One of my friends and her husband have 6 children (yikes!) and she has done it without having readily available advice from her deceased mother, although, she has something even greater, The Holy Spirit.

I know that the Lord will lead and guide us through everything that we face in life. I just can’t imagine doing anything without mom’s counsel readily available for me whenever I need it. I think we should all take a few moments out of our busy schedules to call our mothers and tell them just how much we love and appreciate them.

As mothers, most of us are doing the best that we can. Parenting is not an easy feat and we should seek God and wise counsel from our own mothers when we need a little extra help. We are striving to be that Proverbs 31 woman and we must remember that our rewards will be great here on earth and even greater in heaven. As stated in the last passage of Proverbs 31 “Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.” (Proverbs 31:31).

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: