Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. At night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods Word in their hearts.

Yesterday’s passage read, “May God anoint your ears to always listen to the Lord, for He will never forsake you. Your inheritance is that His good Spirit will instruct you.” As soon as I read this passage I thought about the fact that God is always speaking to us and wanting to show us the way that He wants us to go. Unfortunately, we don’t always listen and we often decide to do things our way. What we must understand is that when we are totally submitted to God, He will never steer us wrong. He will even give us insight on things that our children are doing and forewarn us when they are headed for trouble.

I had a conversation with my mother a few weeks ago about my little sister. My mom told me that there was one night in particular in which she was having trouble sleeping and the Lord spoke to her and told her that my sister had set up a Facebook account. Well, first off my sister is definitely too young to have a FB account and secondly, my mother had instructed her not to create one. Soon after the Lord spoke to my mother she asked my sister about the FB account and low and behold, guess who had been on FB for the last month? Yup, little sis!

I wanted to share this example to show you that as parents we do have an ally that will help us through our parenting walk. God will forewarn us when our children are doing things that they shouldn’t, He will give us strength when we think we just can’t take anymore and He will protect our children for us even when we don’t know they need to be protected. “For the LORD loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. They will be protected forever, but the offspring of the wicked will be cut off; (Psalm 37:28)

My mother always told my sister and I that there were eyes and ears out there working on her behalf. I didn’t quite understand what this meant as a kid, but now I totally get it. I can say that mom almost always knew when I had done something wrong, but I never understood how, now I do. Thank you Lord for being our eyes and ears in our physical absence. As parents we definitely need all the help that we can get!

Until our next appointed meeting time. Stay tuned for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment). If you would like to submit prayer requests send them to info@savedmom.com. Thanks for your continued support!

Mommie Blessings,

Saved M.O.M.

No comments: