Thursday, September 3, 2009

Too Busy For God

Hello everyone, I hope your day has gotten off to a great start! My day is going pretty well, just busy as usual. Sometimes I wonder is it really necessary to be so busy, and what am I so busy doing? It seems as though we all have a tendency to get caught up in the everyday things that life may throw our way and we end up being way too busy.

Every week I make a To Do List of things to accomplish and it never fails that day by day I end up adding many other things to the list. The To Do List literally goes on and on! In the midst of frantically attempting to complete my To Do List I sometimes miss out on my prayer, devotion and study time. I get so frustrated with myself and keep saying that I am going to do better. In reality, I need to stop talking about it and just plain out be about it.

We should never let our daily “busyness” allow us to be too busy for God. I shutter to think how awful I would feel if God were too busy for me. What if at the very moment that I asked for salvation God was too busy? Or, if when I prayed to God He was too busy to answer? That would definitely not be a good look! I am so thankful that God is always there whenever I need Him, no matter what. “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." (Deuteronomy 31:8).

That makes me think of a song by Ashanti that was popular when I was living footloose and fancy free in the world. The song went a little something like this… “Baby, I'm not always there when you call, but I'm always on time.” I feel like that’s how it is with God. He may not always answer our prayers when and how we want Him to, but He always works things out right on time.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: