Friday, September 4, 2009

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at Savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature Saved M.O.M.’s . There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am proud to say that this week’s Feature Friday is dedicated to Esther Hawkins. She currently resides in Springfield, MO. Esther is a vibrant mother and a Naturopathic Doctor. She uses her blog to offer natural health advice to families (www.hawkinshealth.com).

Ester grew up in a Christian home and knew the Lord at a young age. She said, “My Mum and Dad were saved in college so I grew up in a Christian home.” She didn’t remember the very moment that she received salvation, but she remembers a personal encounter. She explained, “I don’t remember a specific salvation date, but I do remember feeling convicted of my sin when I was about six, and then when I was nine I moved schools and found it very difficult. During that struggle, I had a personal encounter with God that set the foundation for a dynamic and ongoing relationship with Him.”

When I asked Esther what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her she said, “My foundation, walk and goal is an intimate relationship with God – to love Him and be loved by Him. I have given Him my life and it is my privilege and joy to walk in obedience to Him. I’ve been amazed at the places God has taken me and the opportunities He has given me to do the things I love, whenever I have surrendered everything to Him. I seem to be more effective and to accomplish more when I lay down my own plans and agendas and simply listen and obey on a day to day basis.”

Her favorite scripture is currently 1 Corinthians 2:9, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.” She explained, “I picture God like an excited parent who has just bought an incredible surprise for his child, something he knows they will absolutely love. He can’t wait to give it to them and see the look on their face when they open their gift.” She went on to say, “Everyday of our life can be like that – an exciting discovery of hope and joy. God is also very practical, He knows our needs and desires and I believe it delights Him to fulfill them.”

Esther wanted to leave our mothers with these words…”There’s no doubt that motherhood can be a challenging and often daunting task. God is available to us in every moment and decision no matter how small. These children, while being such a blessing to us, were not given to us for our benefit. God has a purpose for us as women and a purpose for our children.”

Be sure to tune in Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: