Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day.” We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. Every night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of “Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child” by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods word in their hearts.

Monday’s passage read, “Our little one you are wise, and shine like the brightness of the firmament. You will turn many to righteousness, and like the stars they will be too numerous to count. Persist in listening to God.” When I pray over my son at night I usually pray that the Lord uses Him to help win many souls for Kingdom. So, when I read this passage on Monday night it resonated in my spirit. I thank God that He has put me in a position to raise my children up in the way of the Lord so that they can know Him and His commandments at an early age.

Considering the state of affairs today and all of the pressures that young children face, we should equip our kids with the necessary armor to be a shining light in a dark world. “In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16). Won’t it be so wonderful to have our children leading their friends to salvation? As I look back I kind of wish that I had friends during my adolescence years to give me Godly advice and lead me to salvation. This is just one of many reasons that we should proactively seek to lead our family and friends to salvation. By helping to lead them to salvation we could be adding to the Kingdom in so many ways.

When you think about it, helping one person to get saved is actually like helping many to be saved. It’s like paying it forward. For example, my mother receiving salvation led to me and my sister receiving salvation and our walks have touched and will continue to touch many others. By the way, little sis gave her life to the Lord this past Sunday! So, remember that we are here to shine our lights for the world to see and lead as many to the Kingdom as we possibly can. What better way to do this than by raising warriors to carry out this mission as well?

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: