Friday, September 25, 2009

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature Saved M.O.M.’s . There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am proud to say that this week’s Feature Friday is dedicated to Jewel Denise Williams. She currently resides in Chicago, IL. She is a beautiful and faith filled woman of God. She is a wife and the mother of three vibrant young ladies. Her ministry is her family and reaching and teaching others for their purpose. Jewell is a minister and an author. She has a bachelor’s degree in Christian Ministries and she is currently enrolled at Liberty University working on her Masters in Religious Education. She has a website, several blogs, and recently published her first book, Fearfully and Wonderfully Made. She is preparing to go to print on her second book, Broken China Makes a Beautiful Mosaic in about a month. As you can see Jewell is quite a busy woman!

Jewell came to know the Lord during her teen years. She explained, “My earliest memory is remembering a tract I found on the ground. It was about a homeless child that no one wanted. That child died and Christ took him home to be with Him. I do not remember the words, but the picture (which I can still see in my eyes these 20 plus years) spoke to my condition. I was on my own at a very early age, about 14. So I came to the Lord because of His offer of a place to belong and His offer of freedom from my sins and the sins that were done against me. I could not believe that God would love me so, when I felt no one wanted me.”

When I asked Jewell what being a Saved M.O.M. means to her she said, “I take being a mother as a very important role in life. I could have sought a career or something else, but I was not willing to let someone else give my children their values. This is not a knock against women that work but for me, I decided to come home and raise my children.” She went on to say, “It was not easy at first, I was use to working. It called for me to make a lot of sacrifices (financially, career wise, etc.) but one thing that I love about God is, when you make a sacrifice for the right reasons he still has a way of rewarding you with what you want.” Now that her children are older Jewell is fulfilling her dreams and desires. She is very happy with the choices that she has made. She explained, “I look at my oldest daughter and I am thankful for the sacrifice I made. I see her blooming and I think to myself, I helped this precious flower to bloom because of the tools that God gave to me. What a joy to know that if we do for our families the way God instructs us, we have the possibility of seeing our children raised healthy (both mentally, emotionally and spiritually). That’s the greatest thing about being a Saved M.O.M., to help my children have a balanced life that they would not have gotten had I not been balanced first.”

Jewell doesn’t have a favorite scripture, but her favorite book is the book of Jeremiah. She explained, “This book is important to me because this is where the Lord led me when he wanted to show me what he was requiring of me in ministry. If I had to pick a verse from this book it would be Jeremiah 32:27 “Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?” It reminds me that no matter what challenges I face in life, my God is able to do more than I could even ask or think.”

When asked her to share some inspirational words with our readers Jewell said, “I would want to tell all mothers (all women really), let’s continue to encourage each other. I see the battles between moms that stay home and moms that work, etc. Instead let us support each other’s choices. My choice for my family was what I had to do, but that does not mean it works for you. Instead let us celebrate each other and support our efforts and our dreams. I think that is why I really like savedmom.com, that is what it is aimed at doing, God continue to bless this ministry in those efforts.” You can learn more about Jewell, her ministries and books at the following sites…http://www.tri-productions.blogspot.com/, http://home.comcast.net/~inhisword/site/, http://www.gemsofjewel.blogspot.com/,
http://collegeonlineministry.blogspot.com/.

Be sure to tune in on Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: