Friday, April 24, 2009

Feature Friday!

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at savedmom.com we take time out on Fridays to feature a Saved M.O.M.. There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. Well, I bet you can’t guess who our very first Feature Friday goes to? Okay, for some of you the picture gave it a way. It is Rita M. Riddle, affectionately known to me as Mommie! In reality one blog entry couldn’t even come close to summing up what my mother means to me and what makes her a Saved M.O.M.. If it weren’t for her you all wouldn’t even be reading this blog right now!

The Lord truly smiled down on the world the day that my mother was born. She has been through SO VERY MUCH in her lifetime! We won’t rehash all of the adversity, trials and tribulations. Although, if I have my way one day she will write a book (and you know it will get so promoted all over my site). And I divert… back to the recognition of Mommie Riddle. My Mother gave her life to the Lord about 10 years ago and my life hasn’t been the same since. It was one of her missions in life to see fit that I turned my life over to the Lord as well. So, on Easter Sunday seven years ago I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior!

This Saved M.O.M. has spoken life into so many during her walk and has been an example of what true submission is. Now I would be remiss if I didn’t say that it has truly been a process for the both of us, but we are growing in him everyday. You must know and understand that my mother is one of the realest people that you will ever meet, and boy does she bring me down off of my high horse! I truly appreciate her transparency and her continued support. I am so excited about the ministry that God is bringing forth in her. I am looking forward to bringing her aboard the Saved M.O.M. Empire someday. I can see it now… “Saved M.O.M. mommy and daughter team, Shonte’ Press and Rita Riddle on tour”!!! “As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.” (Romans 4:17)

I am constantly impressed with my mothers’ life and walk. She is a true example of what any Saved M.O.M. should strive to be. I mean the favor and anointing on her life can be felt as soon as she enters a room. To God be the Glory! Thank you Mommie for birthing me so that I could birth this ministry. I know that I took you through many sleepless nights and frustrating days, but thank you for not giving up on me. For look at how God turned this mess into a miracle. “God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.” (Hebrews 2:4) The test he took you through has turned into such an AWESOME testimony. I love you, my number one Saved M.O.M.! Be sure to tune in on Monday for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (http://www.savedmom.com/), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment below (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).


Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: