Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lovely Day

It brings me much pleasure to say that my aunt was just blessed with a beautiful bundle of joy! This inspires me to take you on a trip down memory lane. Do you remember the joy that you felt when you saw your baby for the very first time? Oh, what a lovely day it was! Words cannot begin to express all of the emotions that you experienced in that moment. It’s such an awesome blessing that God allows us the opportunity to bring forth life. I know that so many of you see child birth as one of the worse experiences in your life because of the pain that you may have felt. Not to mention the fact that society forces us to believe that child birth is the most dreadful thing a woman will ever endure. I want you to see past those feelings and understand the beauty of it all. I thank God for blessing me with the ability to birth life into a dying world. He wants to use our children as an army that will stand for him and shine radiant light into a sea of darkness. Our jobs are so very important. We must speak life into our kids and instill God’s word in them as much as we possibly can.

I want to take this moment to say Thank You to all of my Saved M.O.M.’s out there. Thank you for enduring nine months of emotional, physical, and mental changes. Thank you for going through hours of labor and delivery. Thank you for nurturing your baby in such a special way. Thank you for changing hundreds of dirty diapers. Thank you for putting yourself and your needs after those of your baby. Thank you for spending countless hours praying and interceding on the behalf of your children. Thank you for loving unconditionally. Thank you for not giving up or throwing in the towel. Thank you for all of these things and so much more!

On that lovely day there was no one waiting to give you an instruction manual or list of directions. We all are doing the best that we can and taking it one day at a time. I can’t say that everyday will be perfect, but with God in the midst of it all, things will turn out better than okay. Continue to instill Godly values into your children and they will turn out exactly as God intended. “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”(Proverbs 22:6).

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww what a sweet post and what a beautiful picture! Thanks to YOU TOO M.O.M. Shonte'! Being a mother is an amazing gift and we're all truly blessed! Excellent post!

Love and Blessings,
Kennisha

Tonya said...

There is an awesome book out called Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize. Someone gave it to me to read before I got pregnant and it really helped to change my perspective on childbirth. It teaches you how to pray for your pregnancy and your child. I highly recommend it for anyone that is considering having children or even someone that is pregnant.

And wouldn't it be nice if we had an instruction book that came personalized for our child? :-)

S. Press said...

Thanks ChristianMommyWriter. I am actually planning on doing a post on supernatural childbirth - I read that book and boy did it help me. I had a wonderful pregnancy and a supernatural delivery. All you have to do is believe and claim it! Thanks for sharing...

Shonte'

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness He is adorable.
So many women say that child birth was painful and actually mine was as well but to save my life I cannot remember the pain...
I've never read that book, but I didn't go to any classes either. I simply prayed and God kept me.
True godliness and commitment to God's ways should be taught primarily through the parent and the examples we show our kids and the experiences they go through at home. Great post Shonte...
God Bless,

KB