Monday, April 20, 2009

The Legacy of a Saved M.O.M.


This blog entry is dedicated to the life and ministry of Saved M.O.M., Delisia Carter. As many of you all know there was a tragic accident in Atlanta, GA on Easter Sunday (April 12th, 2009) that resulted in the death of Delisia along with her husband, children, and another young child. For a more detailed account of this incident please visit http://www.wsbtv.com/news/19216425/detail.html. Delisia touched my life in such a special way and in part inspired the creation of my blog. She was such an amazing mother and an example of what a true Saved M.O.M. is in every way. Delisia came from humble beginnings and faced adversity, but through it all she always uplifted others and gave GOD all the glory. To read her full story check out her e-book entitled, "Overcoming Negative Self Talk" at http://www.theeagleconnection.com/.

I had the wonderful opportunity of being the caregiver to Delisia’s two month old son, Ethan Carter; this is how I came to know Delisia. We don’t always understand why certain people are placed in our lives, but I am thankful that the Lord blessed me with one of his angels here on earth.

As mother’s we don’t have all the answers, but one thing is for sure, motherhood is truly special. If you visit Delisia’s site, you will see that Delisia’s role as a mother was referenced twice in the section of her bio used to sum up her hearts desires & life purpose. She listed four very important things in her life purpose, number two was to “be a virtuous wife and mother” and number four was to “leave an inheritance to my daughter and any other children I'm blessed with.” This alone shows you just how important motherhood was to Delisia, as it should be to all of us. I remember seeing the way that Delisia interacted with her children and thinking that Kayla and Ethan were so blessed to have a mother so kind and loving. It’s as though she loved them as Christ loves us. “As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you…” (Isaiah 66:13).

Delisia understood that as mothers we are competing with the wickedness of the world that our children are growing up in. This is why we must constantly cover our children with God’s word and display consistent examples of what God has called us to be. “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”(Proverbs 22:6).

I will close in sharing one of Delisia’s favorite scriptures. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11). Delisia wanted us to soar like Eagles. So Eagles take up your wings and show your little eaglets how to soar with you! Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shonte!

First, congratulations on your first blog post! It looks great and I will certainly chime in daily!

My heart truly goes out to Delisia and her family. It's always sad when we lose someone close to us. But, what a relief to know she knew the Lord! By your description of her, it sounds like she was a pleasure to know.

Thank you for sharing this with us today. I pray that we all learn how to be mothers with a heart like Delisia's.

Blessings,
Kennisha

Jerrold Mobley said...

I applaud you and the wonderful mission God put on your heart! The blog looks great, but it's the content and the purpose that makes it truly beautiful.

I look forward to wonderful things in this space, and to one day having my wife be an "official" member. (smile)

Peace and Blessings!

Jerrold

Jason P said...

Good Morning Everybody,

1st and foremost I want to give honor to God for ordering our union. I love you very much and am sooooo proud of you. Thank you for being such a wonderful M.O.M. & giving me the opportunity to be a dad. I look forward to experiencing God's plan for your mission!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shonte
I am very happy to see you going forth with your mission here. Being a mom changes everything, Huh? But it is a great change. Thank you for allowing me to learn more about the Carter family...such profound tragedy on a route I drive so often. I never would've imagined such a thing. I will continue to support you in this venture. Continue to be blessed! Cinnamon