Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Word Wednesday

Today is officially “Word Wednesday” otherwise known as “Hump Day”. We’ve made it half way through yet another week on the wonderful, exciting and bumpy road of motherhood. Therefore, some of us are looking for some encouraging words to make it through the rest of the week with Joy and Peace. Every night before my son goes to bed, in addition to reading bible stories, I read him a passage out of “Prayers That Avail Much, First Blessings for Your Child” by Germaine Copeland. Mommies we have to keep our children prayed up and constantly put Gods word in their hearts.

Yesterday’s passage read, “God knows the end from the beginning. I pray that everything you do in your life’s work will be done in love, in a true love to God and man that is inspired by God’s love for you.” Love, love, love… it’s the key that opens all the doors. Every important relationship that we have is driven by love. When I think of the love that I have for my child, it’s hard for me to imagine that God’s love for us is even greater. That’s so amazing! It’s so wonderful to know that God loves us more than we love could ever comprehend. No matter what we do or what we say, his love is unwavering.

We must take a page out of the Good Book and live our lives loving others as God loves us. If everyone could truly do this the world would be such a marvelous place. I know that it is not always easy to love others, especially those that we may not like very much. Nevertheless, why don’t you take a moment to push past your flesh and give it a try? Then watch God bless your efforts and see how much better you feel. The word says, “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” (1 Peter 4:8). There are so many people that have hurt me in my lifetime. However, it wasn’t until I made a decision to TRULY forgive them and love them in spite of what they did to me, could I really enjoy everyday life. I am making it a daily mission to show my son this type of love and instill this value in him so that he can always enjoy everyday life. How about you?

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agape love... That is the love of God. Unfailing, never wavering, and unconditional love. For a while, I lived by the saying "I love you is just a phrase" but as I grow and mature, I know that "I love you" is a state of the heart. Getting into our Word will open the door for God to pour into us the type of love that He wants us to show. Love your neighbor as you love yourself... You cannot know how to love another person until you love yourself first. Before we go to bed, I read a passage from Proverbs to Jayda in addition to the Virtuous Woman (Proverbs 31) over her as she is asleep.
We read a lot of different books for Bible study and I'll have to locate the book we read sometime last year, but it was so important about Spiritual Covering. The devil knows how important covering is because when he was among the Angels, it was his job to cover us. Now he is trying to uncover us and remove us from God's grace, but one thing we must keep in mind is that he has no more power than God allow him. We, as mothers, are the Angels God has put here on earth to cover his prescious gifts to the world, our children.
Stay praying and God Bless,
KB