Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mommie Incorporated

Is it just me or do you sometimes feel like you are running one of the largest corporations known to man? Well, guess what? You are and it’s Mommie Incorporated! Boy oh boy, who knew that motherhood would be so overwhelming? This is a never ending job! So they say that if being a mom were put on a pay scale we would make like $130,000 annually. Is it just me or does this figure seem just a little low? Let’s see… I am a chauffer, financial analyst/planner, cook, maid, dairy cow (for the nursing moms out there), teacher, personal shopper, personal stylist, Sunday school teacher, etc… I could go on, but think you get the point. Although, nobody said that it was going to be easy. For the Lord tells us “Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” (Isaiah 40: 30-31). So when it seems like you just can’t take another day at Mommie Inc., meditate in God’s word and let his strength carry you through.

You know the song that goes… “Mama said there’d be days like this, there’d be days like this, Mama said, Mama said.” Well, I don’t know about you but my Mama didn’t say! Although, when I think about it, I don’t even think she could have put it into words. We must realize that the Lord knew just what he was doing when he made woman. He knew that we needed to have the strength of an ox, the patience of Job, the wisdom Joshua (son of Nun) and the love of Christ. So to all my mommies out there we were made to carry this load. God saw fit to give us everything we need to get the job done, and to get it done right. Sure we will make mistakes but at the end of the day what counts is how you handled those mistakes and making sure that no matter what, God always gets the glory. For our reward will be so worth all of this and much more! The bible says, “Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.” (Proverbs 31:31). Mommies, we have to keep it together, the future depends upon it. Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far!

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Shonte! Excellent post. I was just talking to my sister about the many hats that we wear. But, isn't it wonderful to know that God has equipped us with the strength to carry it all? Mommie-hood is a very special thing indeed!

Blessings,
Kennisha

Anonymous said...

Shonte' you nailed it! We as men take parenthood for granted, I know I did.I took so many things for grant and allowed my wife and our parents to raise my child. But by the grace of God, and because I had a praying and nurturing Grandmother, my dauther is now a virtuous woman; and I am so proud of you (smile). Great job!!!

Sincerely, Bernard (MK.11:24)

Tonya said...

Saved M.O.M,

We didn't get the memo on motherhood being overwhelming because some of us would think twice about it! :-) LOL!

But seriously, motherhood is a fulltime job and if someone would have tried to tell me about it, I still wouldn't have understood the fullness of how it would totally change my life.

I'm glad to be a part of Mommie Inc. and your blog is off to a great start!

Shonte' Dad said...

Ouch! you are stepping on my toes. I admit that I don't always eat healthy, but by watching the three women that means the world to me,(S,R,B) I am more conscious about what I eat. I have learned that life is a series of quality decision, and every decision that we make has consequences; either good or bad. So starting to day, I will be more mindful of what I put in my body temple. Thanks Minister Shonte' (smile)

Peace,

Your Dad (MK.11:24)