Monday, May 11, 2009

Daily Recognition

Wow, what an awesome Mother’s Day!!! I have to take some time to give my hubby his due recognition. Baby thanks for such a wonderful and relaxing day. I really enjoyed having a “Day Off.” I love you more than words can ever express! Okay, back to my faithful and amazing readers… I hope that all of you had a delightful and restful Mother’s Day :-)

On Sunday I really had a chance to sit back and think for a moment. Having a day off will actually give you an opportunity to THINK. Who knew? Wouldn’t it be so lovely to have Mother’s Day everyday! I mean, when you really consider things for what they are, you realize that mothers celebrate their children everyday. So why can’t Mom’s be celebrated everyday? I am officially taking a stance to make everyday Mother’s Day. I hope that you all will stand with me on this. Check out the action plan below.

First off, we must take a few moments out of everyday to call, send a text message, send an email or tweet a mother just to say, “You are loved and appreciated.” Although, I must say that an old fashioned phone call is the preferred method. In addition, we must also spend an hour each week doing something for another mother. Whether it be running an errand, cleaning up, taking them grocery shopping or whatever it is that they may need. Last, but certainly not least, I want each of you to take at least 10 minutes out of everyday to close the door and have some quiet time. During this time visualize something really positive and take lots of deep breaths. This will give your mind, body, and spirit a much needed moment of relaxation. As a matter of fact, I want to take this a step further. If you are a Facebook member, go to my profile on the side of this page and join my Saved M.O.M. Group. Even if you are not a Facebook member, you can become one. We will all be accountable to one another in doing these things via the group page. We will also mix the Mommies in the group into our personal weekly “do something for another mother” rotation. I know that you may be thinking “I just can’t add another thing to my plate,” but we are only talking an extra hour to an hour and a half per week. Ladies, lets give this a try and see how paying it forward will bless us and other mothers. We need to get busy doing the work of the Lord by loving and honoring one another. “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.” (Romans 12:10). We are making everyday Mother’s Day!

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the shout out baby. You certainly deserved a day or two off. I am really proud of you and all that you do. God has done and will continue to do amazing things for you and through you. I Love you very much!!!

Anonymous said...

You two are too precious...
Mother's Day I cut my mother's grass and moved her room around with Sean. To me it is simply another day, just as Valentine's Day is another day because I am showed appreciation on so many levels everyday.
One thing that was different this year, Jayda's dad called me and told me that he was proud to have me as the mother of his child because she is growing into such a beautiful little lady.
I am so happy that God blessed you two with your little gentleman.
Okay Shonte'... Where do we go from here...