Friday, May 22, 2009

Feature Friday

Congratulations, you made it through another week in the life of a Saved M.O.M.! Here at savedmom.com we take time every Friday to feature a Saved M.O.M.. There are so many wonderful mothers that don’t get the recognition they deserve. I am happy to say that this week’s Feature Friday is dedicated to Victoria Jenkins. She currently resides in Thomasville, NC. Victoria is a mother, writer, photographer, and an evangelist for our dear Lord and Savior.

Victoria came to know Christ at a very early age but became lost to the world during her teen years. She explained, “I was saved at 10, baptized at 12…and totally lost to the world because I had never learned that to know Christ is to have a relationship with Him…” Like so many of us Victoria experienced a really rough patch during her teen years. She shared, “They were filled with rebellion against myself and against all that the world expected me to be. Those years were the desert of my life. I can still recall the loneliness that accompanied me as I wandered aimlessly, wondering where I fit into God's plan.”

She practiced witchcraft and lived in a constant state of rebellion. She even created her own religion which she referred to as “Christwicca.” She explained, “I began to yearn for a bigger role in my spiritual life. I turned to Wicca for the ritual to it all and I invented my own religion. "Christwicca" was my own brand of praying to God and loving Jesus while taking matters into my own hands through the use of magic.”

Victoria later hit a bottom in her life. The world as she knew it began to crumble around her. She said, “My marriage and my most intimate friendships as well as my sense of self-worth, lie shattered in more pieces than I care to admit. It wasn’t obedience that brought me to that point; my anger drove me to the Lord.” She lost her closest friends because of deceit and wickedness. Furthermore, she experienced failed friendship after failed friendship. Victoria didn’t know where to turn and then the Lord spoke to her through his word. She found comfort in His Good Book and life has never been the same. Dealing with the pain and despair that came from her experiences, the Lord has led her to write a book about Biblical friendships. She is in the midst of allowing God to speak to her and guide her in her writing.

She also writes devotionals to keep her close and accountable to God. You can follow these writings at www.letthesonshine.org. Victoria is thankful for all of her trials because they brought her closer to God. She shared, “The greatest gift has been learning firsthand that our Sovereign Lord is our Faithful Father and Closest Confidant. When we follow where He leads, He will lead us Home.”

She wanted to leave our readers with these closing words, “Are you being called to something bigger than yourself? Well, God is bigger, my sister! We, as daughters of the King, must stand firm in our God-given destinies no matter how overwhelming they may seem. Every time I feel too small for the role God has called me to play, I cling to the God-breathed Words that Mordecai spoke to Esther, “...Who knows? Perhaps you have come to royal dignity for just such a time as this” (Esther 4:14).

****Saved M.O.M. will be featured on “An Evening with Jesus” on MAGIC 98.1 FM on Sunday May 24, 2009 at 10 pm. If you are near the Atlanta, GA area you can listen via radio. If you aren’t able to tune in via radio go to http://www.magic981.com/main.html and click on “listen live.” This is our very first interview. It’s only been a month and a half and look at God!****

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! From witcraft to worshiping HIM! What a mighty God We Serve!

Ginger