Thursday, May 28, 2009

Was I Wrong?

Okay ladies, Saved M.O.M. needs your help. I had a situation over the weekend and I am not so sure that I handled it properly. Please help me to understand if I was wrong. So here goes… well, I have to make sure that I provide the pertinent information so that you can make an informed decision…

My husband went out of town last week on a fishing trip with his grandfather and his uncles. They came back on Saturday and he drove most of the way back home. Therefore, he was very tired upon his return. That evening I had a gig that would last about four hours, so I needed him to watch our son while I was gone. Before leaving for this trip I checked with him to make sure that this plan was okay and he said that he didn’t foresee it being a problem. He was tired, but held up his end of the bargain. The next morning I went to church. He was still tired from the day before so he stayed home. Our son stayed home with him as well, which prevented him from getting much rest on Sunday morning.

About a month or so ago I scheduled a family photo shoot and it was to take place on this particular Sunday at 3 pm. When I returned home there was so much that needed to be done in preparation for the shoot. I called the photographer to push the appointment to 4 pm. I didn’t want to reschedule to another weekend because the photographer stays pretty booked (he is one of the best in Atlanta www.pixelegant.com) and I had just gotten my hair done.

So the photographer arrived around 4 pm and the session was soon under way. We did family photos, a solo shoot for my son and a solo shoot for me. My husband was getting a bit agitated that my personal shoot was taking so long. He was very ready to depart for a private Bar-B-Que that we were invited to. I really wanted to get as many looks in as possible to update my modeling and acting portfolio. You must understand that this was my first shoot in a very long time. So was I wrong to continue considering that my husband was ready to go? I make every effort to be the best wife that I can be, but I feel that he should have understood that this was something that I needed to do to for the advancement of my career. Please help me… let me know what you think by leaving a comment below (if you are reading this from your inbox visit www.savedmom.com to post a comment). Good advice is always appreciated. “The way of a fool seems right to him, but a wise man listens to advice.” (Proverbs 12:15).

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe.

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: