Monday, May 18, 2009

It’s Only a Test

Happy Monday to all of you blessed and beautiful Saved M.O.M.’s out there! It is my prayer that each of you had a wonderful and fulfilling weekend. Today I want to talk about the tests that we all experience as we live out our “Mommie Mission”. I am sure that over the weekend some of you allowed your children to get you aggravated, irritated or frustrated. I know I did!

I am really ashamed to admit that I let my son to get me extremely frustrated on Saturday. Here I am “Mrs. Saved M.O.M.” and I allowed my joy to be taken for a moment by an innocent little child. Motherhood can sometimes get the best of us. It’s a daunting and sometimes unrewarding task that we so often take for granted. When I sit back and think, I realize just how BLESSED we truly are to have children. I know so many women that long to have the opportunity to have someone call them Mom, and here we are complaining about the blessing that has been placed before us.

I have to use my moments of frustration and transform them into moments of edification. It’s only a test ladies; a test of our faith, our strength and our love. We have to use these moments for growth and development. Maybe this is a time in which God wants to test our faith and develop us. “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” (James 1:2-4).

So the next time that little angel attempts to “take you there” I want you to smile and ask God to open your spiritual eyes so that you can see the opportunity for growth and development. Then hug your child and show him or her the unyielding love that God gives us everyday. We must remember to “count it all joy” because there is someone out there praying that they could be blessed to have a “Mommie Mission” such as yours.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for more words of encouragement and inspiration for M.O.M.’s near and far! Please share this blog with as many people as you know (www.savedmom.com), we have so many lives to touch. Feel free to post a comment and/or subscribe (if you are reading this from your inbox visit the site address referenced above to post a comment).

Mommie Blessings,

Shonte’ Press

No comments: